Skype is very popular video chat application and this is application is used the world widely.
It is used at home, offices and for business purpose too.
And to maintain and perform Skype better we update the application…
But here many users are found while updating the installation process gets failed and start showing Skype error 1618 and 1619.
In our earlier blog we have discussed the commonly found Skype error 1603 faced by the user during installing the application.
We are here providing the complete solution to fix another Skype installation error 1618 and 1619 on Windows 10.
But before moving further know the common causes behind getting the irritating Skype error.
Causes Behind Getting Error 1618 and 1619
- While trying to download and install a version of Skype after version 2.5 can cause the error
- Users might get the error if the un-installation of Skype was not done completely
- In some cases, the virus and malware installed corrupted the Windows files and this causes the error.
- Or else when users by mistakenly started Skype installation twice.
Ways to Fix Skype Install Error 1618 and 1619
Fix – Skype Install Error 1618
#1 – Utilize Windows Repair Tool
As mentioned by the users, they fix the error 1618 while installing Skype by scanning their system with the Windows Repair Tool.
You can scan your system with the tool to fix various problems related to the Windows operating system…
…and doing this will also fix the issue related to Skype installation.
# 2 – End msiexec.exe process
During trying to install more than one application at a particular time, the error 1618 is faced by many users.
For instance: In case user by mistakenly started the Skype installation twice.
So to fix the error, you need to end the msiexec.exe process.
Follow the steps given, to do so:
- First, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- As the Task Manager starts > go to Details tab.
- Now select msiexec.exe > click End task to end it.
- After ending msiexec.exe process again tries to install Skype.
#3– Restart Windows Installer service
In some cases, users get the error 1618 due to the problem with the Windows Installer service.
So to fix it simply disable and enable the service:
Follow the steps to do that:
- Press Windows Key + R > enter services.msc > hit Enter or click OK.
- Next, locate Windows Installer service > double click it to open properties.
- Modify the Startup type to Disabled.
- And save changes > restart your PC.
- As your PC restarts > go back to the Services window > set the Startup type of Windows Installer service to Manual.
- Save changes > restart your PC.
As your PC restarts, try installing Skype again.
Well some users also suggested stopping Windows Installer service and trying installing Skype again
# 4 – Modify the Registry Values
Here it is estimated that registry entries are also causing issue…
So, here you need to modify the registry values to fix the error.
Please Note: Modifying the registry entries manually is risky as a minor mistake can damage your entire system. So here it is recommended to make use of the automatic Registry Repair Tool.
First, create a backup of the registry if you are going for the manual solution…
… if in case anything goes wrong then you can edit your registry.
- First press Windows Key + R > enter regedit.
- Go to the
- Now, locate and delete InProgress string.
- Next, navigate to
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\ key.
- Delete PendingFileRenameOperations string.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates key > locate UpdateExeVolatile entry > double click it and set its value to 0.
It is hoped that the given solution works…
But if not make use of the below-given solution.
# 5 – Remove Temporary Setup Files
Many application put temporary setup files on the PC before starting the installation…
… it is found that those setup files causes the error 1618 while installing Skype.
Follow the steps to delete temporary files:
- Press Windows + R button > type %temp% > click OK.
- Now delete all files and folders from the Temp folder.
- And go to C:\Windows\Temp folder > delete all files and folders from it.
If the installation let you specify where you want to extract temporary setup files…
…then make sure to open that folder and delete everything from it.
So after deleting the entire temporary files, trying to install Skype again.
# 6– Try Running Setup As Administrator
Hope that the above-given solution will help you to fix the Skype install error 1618…
…but if none of the above solutions works then attempt to run Skype setup as an administrator.
For doing this, locate Skype setup file > right click on it > select Run as administrator.
# 7 – Re-register Windows Installer files
Some users reported in forum thread that they are able to fix the Skype installation error 1618…
…by re-registering Windows Installer files
Follow the steps to perform this:
- Press Windows + X button to open Win+X menu > select Command Prompt (Admin).
- As the Command Prompt starts, enter the given commands:
- msiexec /unregister
- msiexec /regserver
- When the commands are executed > close Command Prompt > restart your PC.
Hope the error 1618 is fixed when the PC restarts and users are able to install Skype easily.
But if not then go for the below-given solution.
#8 – Modify Group Policy Settings
Well, it is found that error 1618 is fixed by modifying the Group Policy settings.
Here know how to modify the group settings:
- Hit Windows + R button > enter gpedit.msc > hit Enter or click OK.
- As the Group Policy Editor opens > go to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment in the left pane.
- Now, in right pane double click Debug programs option
- Assure that Administrators account is added to the list. If it’s missing > click Add Users or Group and add it > click Apply and OK for saving the changes.
Fix – Skype Install Error 1619
#1 – Attempt Installing the Latest Version of Skype
As we have discussed above the Skype installation error 1619 may appear when the user tries to install an older version of Skype.
So to fix the error simply download the latest version of Skype and install it.
Hope this will help you but if not then try extracting files from MSI
# 2 – Attempt Extracting Files From MSI
Generally, the setup files are packed with MSI installer…
… and in many cases, users can extract the files and run then manually.
So it recommended extracting the files to fix the error 1619 while installing Skype.
Hope that given solutions will help you to fix the error 1618 and 1619…
…however if you are still facing the Skype install error 1618 and 1619.
Scan your system with the tool.
Scan your PC with The Recommended Solution
It is recommended to scan your PC/laptop with the professional recommended Windows Repair Tool. This tool is designed with the advanced algorithm and is able to repair common computer errors. This protects you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Quickly fix PC problems like BSOD, DLL error, Registry issues, drivers issues, application error and many others.