Are you the facing Windows 10 creators update installing errors 0xc000021a and 0xc0000001 then below follow the possible fixes to resolve errors 0xc000021a, 0xc0000001 in Windows 10?
Windows 10 latest Creators update promises to bring a new, enhanced Windows experience with the highly advanced and improved features. And this is what makes it different from the earlier anniversary update.
Creators update is having many advanced features like 3D mainstream, gaming experience, and other advanced creativity. But unluckily, updating windows 10 to the latest Creators update is not an easy task.
Many users are found reporting about various errors such as installation stuck issue, black screen issue, driver’s issues and many others after installing creators update. Well, these are fixed by following the possible workarounds.
However, today in this article we have come with another creators update install errors 0xc000021a, 0xc0000001 in Windows 10.
Well, to fix the error it is recommended to first download and run the Microsoft’s Windows Update Troubleshooter. But if you are still facing the error then follow the given troubleshooting steps to resolve Windows 10 errors 0xc000021a, 0xc0000001.
Resolve Creators Update Install Errors 0xc000021a, 0xc0000001
1. Perform An SFC Scan
Sometimes the update errors appear due to the corrupted or incomplete system update file. So it is recommended to perform an SFC scan.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Open Start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- In the command line type sfc/scannow.
- This starts scanning for the corrupted files and repairs them.
If after completing the scanning process you are still facing the error then run the DISM command.
2. Run DISM
The DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) is a tool used to fix update issues. So, it is worth to run this once to detect and fix what is causing the errors 0xc000021a and 0xc0000001.
Follow the given steps:
- Press Windows + X key > open Command Prompt (as Admin).
- And type or paste the given command on the command line:
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- But, if the DISM command can’t obtain files online, then make use of the installation USB or DVD. Insert media and type the given command:
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess
- Assure replacing the “C:\RepairSource\Windows” path of DVD or USB.
Many users have confirmed this works for them to fix the Creators update errors 0xc000021a or 0xc0000001in Windows 10.
But if the errors still persist then perform the given steps:
Make use of the Startup Repair option.
- Go to Start > select Power button > keep Shift button pressed > click Restart.
- Now, select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings >Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
- And Restart > install the new OS.
Doing this will unsign the corrupted or insecure drivers. And hopefully, fixes the Creators update error 0xc000021a in Windows 10.
3. Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10:
In many cases, the background programs and other processes prevent the update from installing. So try to boot into the Safe Boot mode to fix the update error related issues in Windows 10.
- In the Windows Search > type msconfig.
- Right-click System Configuration > select to Run as Administrator.
- Now, go to Services tab > check Hide all Microsoft services box.
- And click on Disable All > Apply.
- Go to Startup tab > Open Task Manager.
- Separately disable entire Startup programs.
- And lastly, restart your PC/laptop
Now, try to install the Creators update again.
- Top 7 Ways to Fix Update Error 0x8024a105 on Windows 10
- 12 Tricks to Fix Windows 10 Creators Update Issues: Crash, Hangs, Freeze, and Blue Screen Errors
- 7 Tricks to Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x8024401c
- 5 Methods to Fix Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x80070652r
- 6 Working Solutions to Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x80080008
4. Temporarily Disable the Antivirus program:
In many cases, it is found that third party installed antivirus program stop the update from installing.
So, here it is recommended to temporarily disable the antivirus program and then try installing the update again.
You can temporarily disable the Windows Firewall also to prevent the Creators update errors.
Hope the given steps will help you to fix the Windows 10 Creators update errors 0xc000021a and 0xc0000001.
But if you are still getting the errors then make use of the Windows Repair Tool, to fix the update related issues and install the creators update easily in Windows 10.
Check Your Windows PC/Laptop Health
Scan your PC/laptop with the professional recommended Windows 10 Repair Tool of various issues related to Windows 10 update errors. This tool is designed with the advanced algorithm and is able to repair most computer errors, and also protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your PC for maximum performance. Quickly fix PC problems like BSOD, DLL error, Registry issues, drivers issues, application error and many others and prevents others issues automatically with this software.
Hope the given solution will help you to fix the Creators Update install errors 0xc000021a and 0xc0000001.
Follow the given workarounds to fix the errors and install the Creators Update easily.
Well, the given solutions not only specifically fix Creators update install errors; in fact, this can be used for other Windows 10 update errors also.
Apart from that, always keep your drivers, Windows system updated to avoid common issues and keep your PC healthy. Also, scan your PC with the good antivirus program in the regular interval of time.
Additionally, if you find the article helpful or have any query, comment, questions or suggestion related to it, then please feel free to share it with us in the comment section below or you can also go to our Fix Windows Errors Ask Question Page.
To know about other Windows Update errors, its fixes, and additional info, just visit our Windows Update hub.