Windows error codes are common, there are many different situations due to which users start encountering the Windows errors.
Well, the Windows errors code are no new, due to some issues and corruption, the Windows operating system starts delivering Windows error code.
In this article, I am going to describe the error code 0xc000025 in Windows operating system. This error code is not limited to any particular Windows operating system.
It is seen that Windows 7/8.1/10 users are also encountering the error code 0xc000025.
This error code 0xc000025 warns the users about the booting problem and prevents Windows OS from starting.
Or it is also found that the Windows 8.1 users get the particular error 0xc000025 during using the EASEUS partition manager.
Commonly the error code 0xc000025 in Windows is related to badly configured Boot Configuration Data (BCD).
Nevertheless, the main issue is might be related to corrupted system files, hard drive issues and other related issues.
Additionally when you restart your Windows 8.1 operating system, then the error message appears “Your PC needs to be repaired” and it gives you three suggestions:
- Press Enter to try again
- Press F8 for startup settings
- Press Esc for UEFI firmware settings
But none of these suggestions helps you to fix the error code 0xc000025. Since to fix error code 0xc000025 in Windows make use of the below-given fixes and start using your Windows operating system without any issues.
But before moving further check out the other errors encountered by the users in Windows 10 due to error 0xc000025,
- Windows error code 0xc0000225 Windows 10 – This error prevents the user from starting Windows 10 operating system if you encountered it then check your BIOS configuration.
- Your PC needs to be repaired error code 0xc0000225 – in some cases, you might get this error message with the error code. In this case, you need to repair your boot sector or perform the Automatic repair.
- Windows 10 won’t start, boot – This is another common error message related to the error. And to fix it check the hardware and other related solutions.
How to Fix Error Code 0xc000025 in Windows 7, 8.1, 10
Fix 1 – Perform Automatic Repair
If you are can’t boot to Windows, then it is worth to try performing Automatic Repair.
To do so follow the steps given:
- During the boot sequence reboot your PC few times.
- A list of options appears > choose to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options> Startup repair
- Now the repair process begins.
Wait till the repair process takes place and as it is finished check whether the Windows error code 0xc000025 is fixed or not.
Fix 2 – Run System Restore
Well, if the above-given solution won’t help you then perform a system restore.
Please Note: It is suggested to perform a backup of application and programs installed in the Windows OS.
Follow the process to do so:
- During the boot sequence reboot, your PC select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore.
- As the System Restore opens > click Next
- A list of available restore points appear > check Show more restore points option and > choose desired restore point > click Next
- Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the restoration process.
As the PC is restored to earlier state > check whether the error is resolved or not.
You May Also Read:
- 7 Tricks To Fix Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error in Windows 10
- Methods to Fix Error 0x80240017 in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10
- Fix: Driver Power State Failure Error in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Fix 3 – Repair Boot Sector
If the boot sector got damaged then also the users get the error code 0xc000025 in Windows. So here try to repair boot sector.
Follow the steps to do so:
- During the boot sequence restart your PC few times. And by doing so you will enter the Advanced Boot Mode
- Here you will see the list of options > choose Advanced options > Command Prompt
- Enter the given commands one by one in the command prompt:
- bootrec /fixboot
- bootrec /fixmbr
- bootrec /rebuildbcd
- After running the commands > close Command Prompt > restart your PC
Now the boot sector is repaired and your Windows operating system will start without any issues. This is a working solution that helped many users.
Fix 4 – Run chkdsk Scan
It is found that in many cases users are getting the error 0xc000025 due to hard drive corruption. So here try to perform a chkdsk.
Follow the steps to do so
- Start Command Prompt starts > type chkdsk /fX: (Note: replace X with the actual letter the shows the system partition and by default this could be “C”, but you need to check in your case. )
- The whole process will take 20 minutes or more to complete
Wait till the whole process to complete and as it finished restart your PC and check if the error is resolved.
Fix 5 – Utilize Diskpart Tool
To troubleshoot error code 0xc000025 in Windows make use of the diskpart tool.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Start Command Prompt and run the given commands one by one:
- list volume
- Volumes list will appear > choose the volume labelled as ESP or EFI. To do so enter select volume X. Note: Replace X with the number that represents the volume.
- Enter the below-given commands:
- assign letter=Z
- bcdboot C:\windows /s Z: /f UEFI
After running the commands > close Command Prompt > restart your PC. Doing so will resolve the problem.
Fix 6 – Update your BIOS
In some case, the error code 0xc000025 in Windows occur due to outdated BIOS, so here try updating your BIOS.
Updating BIOS can cause permanent damage to the PC, so it is needed to be done carefully.
To properly update your BIOS make sure to check your motherboard manual and follow the given instructions.
To know more read this: How to Update BIOS
However in many cases restoring the BIOS settings to default help you to resolve error 0xc000025 in Windows, so check your motherboard manual and perform it to resolve Windows error.
Fix 7 – Check your Hardware
Well if after following the above-given fixes still, you are facing the error then the problem might be related to hardware.
Many users reported that the problem is related to faulty RAM modules. Well, if you are technically savvy then perform this manually or else use can make use of the Windows Repair Tool, to perform a detailed scan of your RAM modules and locate the faulty RAM module.
Apart from that also check whether the cables, hard drives and other hardware are properly connected.
Check your Windows PC/Laptop Health
Make use of the professional recommended Windows Repair tool, this is the best tool to fix Windows 10 update error and other issues related to it. This is the best tool to scan, detect and repair various Windows operating system issues such as corruption, damages of the Windows system files, malware/viruses, protect you from file loss, hardware issues and many more. Also quickly fix various issues like BSOD, DLL error, Registry issues, drivers issues, games relates issues, application error and many others. It also helps you to optimize your Windows PC performances and prevents others issues automatically with this software.
So, this is all about the error code 0xc000025 in Windows operating system.
I tried my best to put the entire working solution to fix Windows error code 0xc000025.
So make use of the given fixes one by one and check which one works for you.
Apart from that, perform a deep scan for malware with the good antivirus program and update your Windows system and drivers to make your PC healthy and perform better.
Additionally, if you find the article helpful or have any query, comment, questions or suggestions related, then please feel free to share it with us in the comment section below or you can also go to our Fix Windows Errors Ask Question Page.