Are you the one facing Windows 10 Unidentified Network issue on your Windows 10 operating system, commonly after the upgrade of Windows 10 or Windows 10 Anniversary Update/ Creators Update. Then here know how to fix Unidentified Network problem on Windows 10.
Well, the internet is used on daily basis and it has become a major issue if it is not accessed. Many Windows 10 users are facing the Unidentified network- no network access problem.
So, here in this follow the complete solutions to get rid of this irritating issue.
How to Fix Unidentified Network Problem in Windows 10:
Well, there is no any exact reason behind facing the problem, so here I have tried some of the working solutions that helped many users.
You can try this one by one and troubleshoot Windows 10 unidentified network problem.
But before moving further it is recommended to restart your Windows 10 PC as most of the problems are fixed simply by restarting the system.
Fix 1: Check the Hardware
Very firstly, verify your network related hardware as the problem might be related to the hardware such as the network card, router, USB wireless dongle and others.
After that reconnect the network cables > restart the wireless router and the modem work. Now assure that the network card is placed correctly in the port.
Fix 2: Turn off Airplane mode
Windows 10 OS supports the Airplane mode, but if it is turned on, this interferes the Internet connection.
So, here to fix the unidentified network problem, disable the Airplane mode.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Hit Windows + A button > open Action Center.
- As the Action Center opens > click the Airplane mode icon to disable. But, if the option is not available > click on Expand to reveal all Action Center icons.
On the other hand, you can disable Airplane mode simply by going to the Settings app:
- Press Windows + I button > to open Settings app.
- Now, go to Network & Internet section > locate Airplane mode tab.
- And find the Airplane mode option > turn it OFF.
Finally, make use of the hardware switch on the device to turn off Airplane mode. Many devices have this switch and assure to look for the switch on your device.
Hope after, disabling the Airplane mode the unidentified network problem is fixed but if not then follows the third solution.
Fix 3: Update Network Card Drivers
Well, in many cases the problem is related to drivers. So, update the drivers on Windows 10 and check whether unidentified network problem is solved or not.
Follow the steps, to do so:
- Hit Windows + X button > select Device Manager from the list of options.
- As Device Manager opens > locate your network adapter > right click it and select Update Driver Software.
- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software option and wait till Windows 10 downloads the suitable driver for the network adapter.
Though Device Manager will help you to update drivers easily, or you can also download the necessary drivers from the network adapter manufacturer website and install it.
You can also update the outdated drivers automatically, just by clicking once.
Fix 4: Remove Antivirus Software
It is found that antivirus software interferes with the network connection and cause the Unidentified Network problem. So, here it is recommended to remove the antivirus software commonly Avast.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Open Settings app > go to System > Apps & features.
- List of installed applications appear > select Avast from the list > click the Uninstall button.
- As Avast is removed > restart PC.
Hope, uninstalling the antivirus software fix the problem or else updates antivirus software to the latest version. Or you can also switch to different antivirus tool.
Fix 5: Turn off Fast Startup
By default Windows 10 uses the Fast Startup to boost Windows 10 faster. And many users recommend that temporarily disabling the fast startup fixes the problem.
Follow the instructions:
- Hit Windows + S > enter Power Options > from the menu choose Power Options
- As Power Options window opens > click on Choose what the power button does.
- Then click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- And uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended) > click Save changes.
- And after that shut down your PC and wait for 30 seconds and turn it on again.
Hope to disable Fast Startup fixed the problem, and enables the Fast Startup again.
You May Also Read:
- Top 5 Steps to Fix: Microsoft Edge Crashes in Windows 10
- Best Way to Fix Windows 10 Chrome Browser Freezing Issues
- How To Fix Explorer.Exe Error in Windows 8
Fix 6: Change your DNS Servers
In some cases, the unidentified network error appears due to DNS problem. So, it is worth to change DNS to fix the Windows 10 network problem.
Follow the steps:
- Hit Windows + X Key > select Network Connections.
- As Network Connections window opens > locate your network connection right click it > from the menu select Properties.
- Choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > click on Properties.
- And select Use the following DNS server addresses option > enter 184.108.40.206 as a Preferred DNS server and 220.127.116.11 as Alternate DNS server.
- Lastly click OK to save changes.
Fix 7: Disable Conflict Network Connection Items
The programs or software related to networks, such as a wireless manager or VPN program, might affect the network card to communicate and this result in Windows 10 unidentified network or no network access issue. So, disable conflict items
Follow the steps:
- In the notification area, right click network icon > to select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Then click on Change Adapter Settings > right click the Ethernet or Local Area Connection.
- Select Properties > choose the Network tab
- Uninstall the conflict items on the list.
Well, if disabling the conflict network connection won’t fix the issue then utilize Windows 10 troubleshooter.
Fix 8: Utilize Windows 10 Troubleshooter
Make use of the Windows 10 Troubleshooter to resolve Windows 10 unidentified network issue.
Follow the steps given:
- In the notification area, > right click the network icon > select Troubleshoot problems.
- Now let the Windows Network Diagnostics detect the problems.
- And follow the on-screen instruction to fix the network issues.
Fix 9: Disable and Re-enable Network on Windows 10
Try to reset the network adapter on Windows 10 if none of the above solutions helps you to fix Windows 10 unidentified or no network access issue
- First, launch Open Network and Sharing Center > right click the Ethernet or Wireless Network Connection icon with the Unidentified network.
- Select Disable > right-click the icon > re-enable it.
Fix 10: Manually Add IP Address
Try manually adding the IP address in the Ethernet or Wireless Network Connection Properties:
- First, launch the Open Network and Sharing Center.
- And right click the Ethernet or Wireless Network Connection icon > choose Properties.
- Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- And click the Properties button.
- Select Use the following DNS server address.
- Add IP address manually 18.104.22.168 to the Preferred DNS server and 22.214.171.124 to the Alternate DNS server.
- Press Win + X > choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- In the command window type ipconfig /release > Enter
- And type in ipconfig /renew to obtain a new one.
After completing the entire steps, restart your device and try connecting network again and check Windows 10 unidentified network issue is fixed or not.
Apart from that, you can also scan your Windows 10 operating system with the Windows Repair Tool, to fix various Windows related issues.
Check Your Windows PC/Laptop Health
Utilize the professional recommended Windows Repair Tool to fix various Windows 10 OS related issues. This tool is designed with the advanced algorithm and is able to repair most computer errors, and also protect you from the file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your PC for maximum performance. Quickly fix PC problems like BSOD, DLL error, Registry issues, drivers issues, games relates issues, application error and many others and prevents others issues automatically with this software.
Well, this is all about the unidentified network issue in Windows 10.
Here I have put together the possible working solutions, you can try them to get rid of the internet errors and start accessing internet easily.
Apart from that, it is also recommended to scan your system for the virus/malware and update the Windows 10 OS with the latest update to make the system error free
Additionally, if you find the article helpful or have any query, comment, questions or suggestions related, then please feel free to share it with us in the comment section below or you can also go to our Fix Windows Errors Ask Question Page.