Microsoft Windows 10 is the latest version which is far better than the earlier Windows versions. This operating system is having various remarkable features and Microsoft is trying to improve the overall experience of the users but still get stuck with some update issues. Updating Windows 10 is really mandatory but it is found that while updating this is causing various errors. Some of the commonly found Windows Update errors are: Error 0x800706b5, Error 0x8007001F, Error 0x8024a10a and much more.
Here in this article, we are going to describe another big Windows update error – 0x8024401c. This irritating error is faced due to various factors. But luckily this can be fixed by performing various workarounds. So here follow 7 tricks that will help you to resolve windows 10 update error 0x8024401c. But before moving further here know why you encounter this update error.
Why You Get Windows Update Error 0x8024401c:
Follow the common reasons behind getting this:
- Due to wrong registry entries.
- Corrupted or broken system files can cause an error.
- Due to incorrect installation of the update.
- Incomplete un-installation of the software.
- Improper deletion of applications.
- Outdated drivers
- Due to damaged Windows OS.
Tricks to Fix Windows 10 Error 0x8024401c:
#1 Install Appropriate Drivers
It is found that due to outdated drivers, especially for old peripheral devices (for e.g. Printers, Ethernet card etc.), Windows 10 updates get hindered and start showing error 0x8024401c. So, to fix the error first uninstall the outdated drivers and then install the new ones from the manufacturer websites or from Microsoft.
Follow the steps given below:
- Hit Windows + X button > click on Device manager.
- Select the outdated driver > right-click on it > open Properties.
- Now, open the Details tab.
- In the drop-down list, navigate to Driver Ids.
- Open the Driver tab and uninstall the driver.
- Copy the first line, and paste it in a web browser and search for original manufacturer site.
- Download the drivers > install them and restart your PC.
However you might find plenty of results for the particular device, but it is recommended to download the drivers from the trusted sources.
#2 Execute an SFC scan
The System File Checker (SFC) is an inbuilt tool that helps you detect and repair corrupted or incomplete system files. The Windows system file gets corrupted due to malware or virus, so utilize this tool to scan your system for additional flaws
Here’s follow the steps that you need to do:
- Hit Windows + X button and open Command Prompt (Admin).
- Then here type sfc/scannow
- The process starts checking all files and automatically replaces it with corrupt ones.
After completing the whole process, give updating another try
#3 Uncheck iPv6 and go with the iPv4 network
This is a possible workaround that helped many users to get rid of error 0x8024401c. In some cases, it is found that this error is related to a failed connection with servers that result in a timeout. And due to this update can’t be downloaded.
When this occurs, disable the iPv6 protocol and go completely with an iPv4 network:
- Hit Windows + X button and open Network connections.
- Then right-click on the connection (either LAN or Wi-FI) currently you are using and select Properties.
- In the list of the connection items, uncheck the iPv6 box and verify the selection.
- Next, go to Windows Update and check for updates.
And allow the needed updates to installed on the computer
#4 Clean Boot your System
You need to perform a clean boot in your system it is found this help to resolve the Windows 10 0x8024401c error. Follow the steps to do:
- Press Windows + R button > type “MSCONFIG”
- Click OK from opening the system configuration utility
- Then click on Services Tab
- Now check the “Hide all Microsoft Services” checkbox.
- On the list appeared to click on Disable all > OK
After completing the whole process restarts your system and check for the updates.
#5 Tweaking Registry Entries
As we have discussed that many users are encountering Windows update error code 0x8024401c due to corrupt registry entries. So try to fix it, follow the steps to do so:
- Press Windows +R button > type “Regedit” > press Enter
- Then in the left panel find the directory “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- And go to > Software > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > Windows update.
- Then in registry editor click on “AU”
- All its contents displayed in the right panel ( under windows update)
- And in the right panel locate and open “UseWUServer” and change it by replacing whatever value is there with “0” (zero) > okay
- And close the registry editor and restart your PC.
Hope, that by performing the above method you should probably fix Windows update error code 0x8024401c on your system.
#6 Perform a System Restore
If none of the above tricks help you to fix the Windows 10 0x8024401c error then it is suggested to perform a system restore, this process will help you to restore your system to the earlier state.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Start your system and login as an Admin
- Then go to All programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
- And click on restore my computer to an earlier time.
- Choose the most recent restore point > Next.
- Next, restart your computer.
The whole process is only visible if you already have a restore point stored on your PC/laptop. In some cases, while installing some programs the Restore Point is created automatically. So try the process and check the error code is fixed or not.
# 7 Reinstall Windows
Last but not the least if any of the above-given tricks won’t work then without wasting time just reinstall the operating system or else try repairing it with the disc received with the original Microsoft Windows operating system. This is the ultimate solution to fix Windows update 0x8024401c error. If anything is conflicting with Windows updates and causing an error, then reinstalling Windows help to get rid of the issue.
Scan your PC/Laptop with This Tool, to Fix Various Problems:
It is recommended to scan your PC/laptop with the professional recommended Windows Error Fixer. This tool is designed with the advanced algorithm and is able to repair most computer errors, and also protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your PC for maximum performance. Quickly fix PC problems like BSOD, DLL error, Registry issues, drivers issues, application error and many others and prevents others issues automatically with this software:
Hope that the given workaround will help you to fix the update error code 0x8007001F. But if in case you have questions or additional workarounds, and then be sure to inform us in the comments section.
For more Windows Update errors and additional information, just visit our Windows Update section.