Windows 10 is being with us but still, the unplanned errors are occurring and disturbing the users from time to time.
One of the most unpleasant errors is update error 0x80070422.
Well, this is no different from other Windows update error.
Just like them, this can be fixed by performing some working solutions to resolve update error 0x80070422.
The error code 0x80070422 is quite frustrating as this prevents the users from downloading the update and as a result, your system might get vulnerable and also you can miss out some of the new features.
So if you are one struggling with the Windows 10 update error 0x80070422 then here follow check the solutions to fix it.
How to Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070422
Well, there is no any definite fix for the update error 0x80070422, so here we have tried some of the working solutions to resolve Windows 10 update error x080070422.
Method 1: Restart Windows Update Service
- First press Windows + R Key > type services.msc > hit Enter.
- Locate the following services:
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) > Cryptographic Service > Windows Update > MSI Installer
- And right-click on each of them > choose Properties > assure that the Startup type is set to Automatic
- If any of the above services are stopped > then click on Start under Service Status.
- And right-click on Windows Update service > choose Restart.
- Then click Apply followed by OK > and restart your PC to save the changes.
Hope doing this will help you to get rid of update error 0x80070422.
You May Also Read:
- 5 Methods to Fix Windows 10 Lag and Running Slow Issue
- 9 Reasons to Use Edge on Windows 10 After Creators Update
- 7 Tricks to Fix Windows 10 Automatic Repair Failed Loop
Method 2: Disable IPv6
It is found that many users have fixed the update error 0x80070422 in Windows 10 by disabling the IPv6.
So it is recommended to try disabling the IPv6, hope doing this will help you to fix the error.
Follow the steps to do so:
- First on the system tray right click on the Wi-Fi icon > then right click on “Open Network and Sharing Center.”
- After that click on current connection > to open Settings
Please Note: If you are unable to connect to the network then use Ethernet cable for connecting, after that follows the steps:
- In the opened window > click Properties button
- And here click to uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IP).
- Next click OK > then Close.
- Last, restart your PC to save entire changes.
Method 3 – Check EnableFeaturedSoftware Data
If the above-given solution won’t work you then try to check EnableFeaturesSoftware data.
Follow the given steps:
- Go to Start then type regedit and press Enter to launch the Registry Editor
- And locate the following key:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Windows Update > Auto Update
- After that check, EnableFeaturedSoftware Data > and assure that its value it set to
Please Note: Depending on the Windows 10 version that the path to reach EnableFeaturedSoftware may be slightly different.
Method 4: Disable Network List Service
Try disabling the network list service, this worked for my users to fix the error.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Press Windows + R key > type services.msc > hit Enter.
- Next, locate and right-click on Network List Service > choose Properties.
- Then from Startup Type drop-down > choose Disabled > click on Stop
- Now click Apply followed by OK.
- Lastly, restart the Windows operating system for saving the entire changes.
Now check whether the Windows 10 update error 0x80070422 is fixed or not
Methods 5 – Run Windows 10 Update Troubleshooter
Lastly, if you are still facing the update error 0x80070422 in Windows 10, then it is recommended to make use of the Windows Update troubleshooter.
Windows 10 is having a built-in troubleshooter, it is designed to fix Windows10 update related issues or the general issues that affect the Windows components
So, here it is advised to make use of this tool to fix Windows 10 update error code 0x80070422.
Follow the steps:
- Go to Start > Update & Security
- After that click on Troubleshoot > then Windows Update
- And run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
Hope now the update error code 0x80070422 in Windows 10 but if still the error persists then try the automatic repair utility to fix all sort of update related issues in Windows operating system
Check your Windows PC/Laptop Health
Make use of the professional recommended Windows Repair tool, this is the best tool to fix Windows 10 update error and other issues related to it. This is the best tool to scan, detect and repair various Windows operating system issues such as corruption, damages of the Windows system files, malware/viruses, protect you from file loss, hardware issues and many more. Also quickly fix various issues like BSOD, DLL error, Registry issues, drivers issues, games relates issues, application error and many others. It also helps you to optimize your Windows PC performances and prevents others issues automatically with this software.
This is all about the Windows 10 update error 0x80070422.
I tried my best to put together the working solutions to fix the update error.
Try the given solutions and check whether the error is resolved or not in Windows 10.
Apart from that, it is also recommended to scan your system for virus/malware infection with the good antivirus program and also keep your operating system and drivers updated to fix various the Windows 10 OS related issues and make the system perform better.
Additionally, if you find the article helpful or have any query, comment, questions or suggestions related, then please feel free to share it with us in the comment section below or you can also go to our Fix Windows Errors Ask Question Page.