Getting plenty of notification can be very distracting and in Windows 10 the notifications are having a different place the Action Center.
But receiving more than enough is not welcomed. Well, the best thing about Windows 10 is you can turn off the notifications in just a few clicks.
The notification can be disabled individually for some apps or even hide various other notifications throughout Windows.
Here in this article check out the quick guide on how to disable the notifications for the installed app and also how to take control of different types of notifications.
How to Turn off Notifications:
Follow the ways to disable Windows 10 notifications easily:
- Click Action Center icon to disable or enable notifications located on the Windows taskbar.
- Next click All Settings button > in the top left corner of the Window choose System
- After that in System > click Notifications & Actions (This will provide a window showing access to all the settings related to notifications and the Action Center)
- Here check for the Notifications subhead and check for a number of toggles for different notification. Below check out the list of the settings that you can toggle on this screen.
- Display notification on the lock screen
- Get notifications for the senders and various apps
- While duplicating hide my screen
- Show alarms, incoming VoIP calls, the reminder on the lock screen
- Get tips, tricks, & suggestions while using Windows.
You can simply turn them off if you don’t need it. If you don’t need any, assure they are toggled off.
Well, if any app is not built into your Windows operating system, then you need to install that particular app to get notification from it and before the app appears in the list user can get the notifications.
So in this way you can disable/enable the notification that you don’t need.
How to Dismiss Notifications:
Well, notifications are also important to keep in touch and as well get each and every notification of the digital lives.
But as said earlier excess of notifications is very irritating. And this can not only destroy the Action center but also prevent you from noticing the useful notifications when they arrive.
So here check out how to dismiss the individual notifications. Here follow the steps to do so:
- Click Action Center icon located on the Windows taskbar
- And mouse over the notifications that you want to dismiss
- After that click X button directly to the right of the notification
- Well, you can also swipe the notifications to the right to dismiss it directly either by touching or clicking and dragging the mouse.
- However, you can also dismiss the entire notifications for the given app simply clicking X button right of the app group listing. Or click “Clear all” for closing every notification for entire apps.
Please Note: Microsoft continues to incorporate Window 10 across entire devices connected to the same Microsoft account for providing better connections. And the Windows 10 notifications dismiss on other Windows devices as well when they are dismissed in the Action center on your PC/laptop.
On here after dismissing the notifications here check out how to modify the notifications for each app.
You May Also Read:
- How to Restore Windows 10 to Factory Settings?
- 9 Reasons to Use Edge on Windows 10 After Creators Update
- Nagle Algorithm: Why You Need To Disable It in Windows 10
How To Modify Notifications For Each App:
Windows 10 allows the users to select to display or hear a combination of banner notifications – consist of pop-up in the lower right corner of the display and sounds.
Various apps are also modified to just show notifications within the Action center, with no other sign on arrival. There are a number of notification options offered for each and every app that support them.
- Open Notifications section of Settings to access these settings and scroll down > click the name of the particular app you need to adjust the notifications for > for accessing highly advanced notifications menu.
- After that toggle on and off, whatever preferences you select, either you want to receive banner notifications, sound or none of them.
Below check out the settings you can modify for most app’s notifications:
- Disable/enable the notifications
- Disable/enable notification banners – boxes that appear for each notification and disappear.
- Decide whether you want to keep the notifications private on the lock screen.
- After that disable/enable the notifications in the Action Center.
- Decide the app’s notifications sound plays or not.
- Specify how many notifications are visible in Action Center before “show more” or drop-down menu appears. For example: 3-4 or 10-20 notifications.
- Decide the notifications priority, allowing app’s notifications to appear up on top of other useless app notifications.
So in this way you can disable Windows 10 notifications.
Here check the complete information about how to disable, dismiss, or customize the notifications in Windows 10.
Just through the article and follow the given ways if you get annoyed or distracted by the bundle of notifications.
Additionally, if you find the article helpful or have any query, comment, questions or suggestions related, then please feel free to share it with us in the comment section below or you can also go to our Fix Windows Errors Ask Question Page.