Are you the one struggling with WinX menu not working in Windows 10 then this article is for you? Here check out the complete solution to resolve cannot open Win+X menu in Windows 10.
Undoubtedly Windows 10 is one of the most advanced operating systems and Microsoft tries its best to add many advancement and improvements in it.
In Windows 8 the Power user menu also known as Win + X menu is the latest. And then in Windows 10, this is incorporated but unluckily for some users, this is not working and found complaining WinX Menu is not working in Windows 10.
The WinX is the power menu that opens when the users right click on the Start Button. Or else users can also open it by pressing Win + X key on the keyboard. But sometimes this won’t work as expected many found that WinX Menu does not open, not working or the shortcuts do not work as expected.
So, today in this article I am going to describe to help you with the possible workarounds to fix Win+X menu not working on Windows 10.
How to Fix WinX Menu not Working on Windows 10
FIX 1 – Run an SFC Scan
There is a possibility that due to the system file corruption users are unable to open the WinX menu so, first try to check for the corrupted system files and repair them.
Follow the steps to run the SFC scan:
- Go to Start menu > select Command Prompt (Admin).
- In the command line > type sfc/scannow
- This will start scanning for corrupted files and repair them
Now check if you are able to open the WinX menu but if not then follow the steps
FIX 2 – Uninstall QuickSFV and AirDroid
Another most common cause of the error is QuickSFV and the AirDroid application. This adds the context menu items that cause issues with Win+X menu.
So, if you have installed QuickSFV or AirDroid file then uninstall it to fix the error. Also if you are not using QuickSFV application than check for other application that adds content menu items and uninstalls those applications.
- 3 Methods to Fix Windows 10 Stuck on Repairing Disk Errors
- Steps to Fix Windows 8.1 & 10 Start Button not working
- 6 Ways to Fix “Your PC Did Not Start Correctly” Windows 10
FIX 3 – Add a new item to Win+X menu
The best thing about Win+ X menu is that it is fully customized; users can add new shortcuts to it. As per the users, there is a permission problem that prevents Win+X menu from appearing but this can be fixed by adding a new item to Win + X menu.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Hit Windows + R Key > type %localappdata% > hit Enter
- Now go to MicrosoftWindowsWinX folder.
- Three Group folders appear > go to any of them > add a new shortcut to it.
Well, after adding a new shortcut, the WinX menu start working without any issues.
FIX 4 – Copy WinX folder from the Default User
Simply copying WinX folder from Default user folder, will help you to fix the Windows 10 issue.
Follow the steps:
- First, go to C:UsersDefaultAppDataLocalMicrosoftWindows folder.
- Then locate WinX folder > copy it to your profile. To do so, press Windows + R Key > enter %localappdata% > go to the MicrosoftWindows folder and paste the WinX folder there.
This is a working solution that helped many users to resolve WinX Menu is not working in Windows 10.
FIX 5 – Check your Registry Entries
Many users have reported that Win+X menu stopped working due to issues with the registry entries.
It is found that changing shortcut settings in registry causes the issue, so if you have made any changes in registry related shortcuts, then revert that modification; to fix the problem.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Hit Windows + R Key > enter regedit > hit Enter.
- Now go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTpiffile key in the left pane
- And check that IsShortcut entry is available in the right pane. You can change the look of shortcut icon by renaming the entry to ShortcutIs, but this causes the Win+X menu to stop working, so it is recommended if you remember the renaming IsShortcut, then rename it back to original name.
- And go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTlnkfile key and repeat the steps.
And lastly restart the PC, hope this works for you but if not then try the last solution
FIX 6: Install a language pack
Simple installing a language pack solved the issue for many users in Windows 10.
Follow the given instructions:
- Hit Windows + I key > choose Time & Language.
- Then open Region & Language > click on Add a language.
- Choose the language you want to add.
- As added click the language > choose Set as default.
Hope this works for you but if not then make use of the automatic repair solution.
Check Your Windows PC/Laptop Health
You can make use of the professional recommended solution Windows Repair tool, to fix various Windows update errors and other related issues. This is the advanced tool that scan, detect and repair various Windows operating system issues such as corruption, damages of the Windows system files, malware/viruses, protect you from file loss, hardware issues and many more. You can also fix various issues like BSOD error, DLL error, Registry issues, drivers issues, games related issues, application error and many others. This not only fixes the errors but also optimize your Windows PC performance and fix other issues without any hassle.
The WinX menu is very useful and this allows you to quickly access the Windows 10 settings, but if this won’t works then this is really very frustrating.
Here in this article, I tried my best to put together the entire working solutions to resolve WinX menu not working in Windows 10 issues.
Apart from that, also check the device drivers and update them delete the temporary files, scan your system with good antivirus software and remove unwanted software time to time to maintain the Windows PC performance and other issues.
Additionally, if you find the article helpful or have any query, comment, questions or suggestions related, then please feel free to share it with us in the comment section below or you can also go to our Fix Windows Errors Ask Question Page.