Are you the one struggling with the “IDT High Definition Audio” issue and most likely no sound comes out of your Windows 10 operating system. Then this article is for you here check out the complete information about how to fix IDT high definition audio codec driver windows 10 issue.
In the Windows 10 operating system, most users are running the “IDT High Definition Audio” issue and reported that the sound stops working in Windows 10.
The IDT high definition audio codec is commonly faced due to driver malfunction and started appearing to the users who have upgraded who have upgraded from Windows 7, Vista, 8 or 8.1.
Even some are also found reporting about the issue after installing other Windows 10 updates. And while updating the problematic driver, some reported they are getting Code 10 error message and the error code 0x8007001f appears in Windows 10 to some users.
The IDT High Definition Audio CODEC driver fails to install through Windows update or Device Manager mainly due to Windows 10 upgrade. And the error message appears:
“Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. IDT High definition Audio CODEC
A device attached to the system is not functioning.”
Well, this is very irritating, so here check out the working steps to fix the IDT high definition audio codec windows 10 problem.
How to Fix IDT High Definition Audio CODEC DRIVER Problem
Solution 1: Reinstall the Driver
There are plenty of drivers for previous editions of Windows compatible with Windows 10. And due to this try installing the driver in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows to fix the IDT high definition audio codec problem.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Click on Device Manager and expand category “Sound, video and game controllers”.
- Then right-click on IDT High Definition Audio CODEC > click Update Driver Software
- Now, click on Browse my computer for driver software.
- And click on Let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Choose High Definition Audio Device > click Next button
- A warning message appears to click Yes
Hope the driver is installed successfully. But if you want to make the whole process easy, then make use of the Driver Booster to update the driver automatically or install the latest one compatible with your Windows 10 system.
You May Also Read:
- 5 Easy Tweaks to Fix Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10
- Fix “Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered” Error in 3 Methods
Solution 2: Install Driver in Compatibility Mode
If reinstalling the driver won’t work for you then install the driver in compatibility mode. There are lots of driver for previous editions of Windows that are compatible with Windows 10. And also there are plenty of drivers for Windows 10 that works with previous editions of Windows.
And due to this, try installing the driver in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows, doing this will fix the issue.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Locate the setup file for the driver in Download folder or download it from the manufacturer’s site (all the drivers are available here) so you need to search in Google.
- Now right click on if you want to go through with a regular installation > choose Properties from the drop-down menu
- Click the Compatibility tab > check Run this program in compatibility mode for. And from the drop-down menu > select an older version of Windows (7 or 8) > click OK to close the dialog box.
- Next, double-click the setup to install the driver and follow the instructions.
- All the whole process is completed > restart your system to apply the changes.
Hope this fix the idt high definition audio codec driver issue in Windows 10 and on your machine the sound started working again.
Solution 3: Set the Audio Service to Automatic
If the working method won’t work for you then to fix IDT High Definition audio CODEC, set the Audio service of Windows to automatic.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Right-click on the Start menu button > choose Run.
- Type services.msc > click OK.
- Now locate Windows Audio > right click on it > choose Properties
- And set the Startup Type to Automatic, click on Apply to save changes that you have made
- Hit OK and restart your system.
So, these are two methods that work for you to fix IDT High Definition Audio CODEC driver problem on Windows 10. But if still struggling with the issue in Windows 10 then make use of the automatic solution to fix IDT high definition audio codec driver Windows 10
Check your Windows PC/Laptop Health
If you are unable to fix IDT high definition audio codec Windows 10 problem then make use of the Windows Repair Tool. Sometimes due to internal issue users are unable to solve the problem with the manual solution, so here it is recommended to make use of the automatic solution. This is the best tool and designed with the advanced algorithm that scan, detect and fix the error automatically. With this quickly fix corrupted Windows system files, malware/virus, Registry error, PC error, Network error, hard Drive, prevent you from file loss and many others. This not only fixes the error but also optimize the Windows PC/laptop performance.
The IDT high definition audio codec driver issue in Windows 10 is a common problem that prevents users to play the sound.
So, in this article follow the manual solutions to fix the high definition audio device issue in Windows 10. But this won’t work for you then feel free to make use of the Automatic repair utility.
Despite this also make sure to install latest Windows 10 updates, delete the temporary files, scan your system with a good antivirus program and uninstall the unwanted applications at the regular interval of time to make your system perform better.
Additionally, if you have any queries, suggestions or other fixes than feel free to share with us at the comment section below or you can also go to our Fix Windows Errors Ask Question Page.